Sunday, December 16, 2012
Beef Stir fry
1 1/2 lb (750 g) beef sirloin
2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
3 pcs medium carrots, peeled and sliced on bias
2 stalks celery, sliced on bias
1/2 lb (250 g) mushrooms, sliced
2 cups (500 ml) broccoli florets
1 red bell pepper, sliced slanting
1 cup (250 ml) baby corn
2 cups (500 ml) prepared stir fry sauce
3 cups (750) ml) prepared long grain or basmati rice.
1. Cut beef into thin slices
2. Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet, add beef until brown both sides and remove from pan.
3. Add carrots, cook for 3 minutes until almost cooked.
4. Add remaining vegetables and beef; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until vegetables are just cooked.
5. Stir in sauce, increase heat to high and bring sauce to a boil.
5. Serve beef with prepared basmati rice and soya sauce if desired.